Cri-Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, does not discriminate unlawfully on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, alien status, age, military service, veterans’ status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, lawful protected off-duty activity, protected whistle blowing status, protected family leave, employee benefit plan participation, or any other characteristic, activity, benefit, or complaint protected by applicable federal or state law, and hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, or any other terms or conditions of employment.
If you have additional questions, or to apply, please email your coverletter and resume to Human Resources at HR@critechinc.com
Position Title: New Business Development Manager
Reports to: Business Manager
Last Revised: August 29, 2016
Development of applications and new business in the assigned market(s) across all Cri-Tech product lines, both in the US and internationally. Develops and implements plans to expand the organization’s product reach and profit revenues by identifying new markets and attracting new customers.
- Responsible for market analysis and commercialization of Cri-Tech products in a given market segment. Conduct market research studies and yearly surveys in the given market(s). Translate industry sales into Cri-Tech product share or potential share. Collect and maintain all relevant data for the assigned industry.
- Provide the appropriate end user insight and end user access to Cri-Tech products and technologies and to serve as a primary point of contact for Cri-Tech throughout the supply chain. Translate uncovered needs into practical actions that lead to sales of Cri-Tech products.
- Responsible for contributing to the market strategy and formulation of business plans with the team and the business directors.
- Provides end user marketing for the company: a. Market Cri-Tech and its products b. Uncover new applications for Cri-Tech products c. Gain Cri-Tech product approvals
- Direct account responsibility within the given market.
- Attend sales or trade meetings and read related publications to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, environmental regulations, or industry developments.
- Issue weekly activity reports each Friday, outlining progress against key opportunities as well as activities and issues for customers in the territory.
- Other duties as assigned by Business Manager.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong team player, able to interface well with other groups.
- Enthusiasm, perseverance and curiosity are essential as well as passion for success in growing business.
- Willingness to travel frequently. Successful marketing and/or sales management track record.
- Ability to work across Japanese-American cultural lines, preferred but not required.
- Hands-on capability assisting fabricator customers in development and production scale-up activities is desirable.
- Strong administrative skills and ability to use PC’s and corresponding software packages as tools for the job.
Experience and Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or related field or related equivalent experience is required. Graduate level advanced studies in Marketing Strategy & Management are desired.
Minimum 5 years of industry experience, preferable in polymers and elastomers. Previous market/sales development experience in the Consumer and/or medical/pharmaceutical industry.