Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger accounts and financial reports, while meeting closing deadlines. Protect and verify the existence and valuation of reported assets. Ensure accurate and timely processing of customer invoices, customer payments, matching vendor invoices to purchase orders, and processing vendor payments.
Ability to be proactive, independent, and exercise sound judgment. Identify, coordinate, and resolve problems in a timely manner interacting with various departments. Communicate with all concerned parties any information regarding escalating developments within an account. Develop and maintain strong business relationships with customers, vendors, and coworkers. Assist in the achievement of departmental goals.
- Create and post standard and non-standard journal entries to document financial transactions. Include easy to understand and fully supportive backup/workpapers to substantiate each entry. Be able to post all SJE entries as needed.
- Complete banking, AR, AP, and AP Unvouchered Account Reconciliations monthly, correctly resolve any financial discrepancies in these accounts before closing the period.
- Coordinate the month-end intercompany reconciliation with Daikin America for AR and AP to validate related transactions are eliminated from corporate level financials.
- Assist in the annual physical asset review.
- Add/dispose/update assets as pinpointed during the audit to ensure assets are valuated correctly on the financial statements and records are maintained that enable location and identification of all assets by an outside auditor.
- Complete monthly inventory cycle counts and related reporting for accurate inventory valuation.
- Maintain daily banking activity, ensuring the ERP system matches bank records.
- Initiate outgoing wires and weekly payment process, following guidelines for approval and backup requirements
- Be able to fully complete payment run cycle, including uploads into ERP system as needed.
Capital Projects/Fixed Assets
- Close capital projects upon completion, following project closing guidelines and backup requirements.
- Add or dispose of assets as needed in both Fixed Asset Database and ERP System.
- Update Accounts Receivable database, run and distribute daily Credit Hold and Aging reports. Review and communicate follow-up actions as needed.
- Validate invoice quantities in the ERP system by matching shipments and invoice customers daily.
- Release customers from hold status as directed, save appropriate documentation in shared directory and
- Accounts Receivable database. Communicate with shipping and customer service, as needed.
- Maintain customer data – credit terms, hold status, email, and contact information. Update invoice terms if credit terms are changed.
- Apply customer receipts daily based on banking information received.
- Make daily collection calls, involving Sales and Customer Service, as necessary. Keep detailed records and follow credit policy procedures as applicable.
- Respond to customer and internal requests for information within 24 hours.
- Achieve individual/company targets for cash collections and reduction of past due balances.
- Collect information for new accounts and run D&B reports as requested.
- Weekly generate and send customer Statements of Account and Hold Notifications.
- Match purchase orders and receipts to invoices daily.
- Obtain appropriate payment level approvals prior to posting any invoice.
- Enter and post invoices in the ERP system.
- Follow-up and resolve, both internally and with vendors, all discrepancies.
- Create the weekly payment run
- Maintain vendor contact information and save documentation for all communications.
- Respond to vendor requests within 24 hours.
- Achieve individual/company targets to meet cash flow requirements.
- Special projects as assigned and other duties as requested.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Communication – Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Microsoft Excel and Access proficiency
- Completed Associates of Science with a Concentration/Major in Accounting or Finance OR equivalent experience is required
- Completed Bachelor of Science with a Concentration/Major in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in related accounting tasks is preferred.